Featured this week are Picasso Melons, Jelly Berry Grapes, YUMI Organic Black Seedless Watermelon,...
Charlie’s Produce Benefits
Charlie’s Produce offers a vast array of benefits from Medical to Retirement. The bulk of the cost for all of our benefits is absorbed by the company. The health and wellness of our employees is a priority!
Some of the benefits that our employees enjoy:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick/ Holiday Pay
- 100% Fully Pre-Paid College Tuition
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Employee Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted employee produce purchase program
- Free Smoking Cessation Program
- Free Wellness Coaching and Healthy Pregnancy Programs
- Virtual Office Visits
Proud to be employee-owned
We believe our employees should share in the success of our company which is why we created an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”) more than 30 years ago. Our ESOP is the cornerstone to our service culture. Participating in the ESOP program means employees are part owners of the company and benefit financially from a job well done. The commonality that joins us together is our passion for the business and our dedication to the growth and success of the company that we all own together.
How our program works
At Charlie’s Produce, our employees are eligible to participate upon completion of one year of service (at least 1,000 hours) and attainment of age 21. Charlie’s Produce funds the ESOP on an annual basis WITHOUT ANY OUT OF POCKET CONTRIBUTIONS BY ANY OF OUR EMPLOYEES. As well, employees are 20% vested in their accounts after 2 years of service and increase by an additional 20% each year thereafter until after 6 years they are 100% vested in their ESOP account.