Fresh at its Best
Quality assurance has been the cornerstone of Charlie’s Produce since the very beginning. We execute the highest industry standards for food safety so we can take pride in the products that we offer. We are dedicated to providing the very best organic and conventional field-to-fork produce, dairy, and other grocery items by partnering with the best growers who are in-line with our original guiding principle – our customers always come first.
With complete cold chain integrity, a three-day (or less) delivery turnaround and long-standing vendor relationships, we guarantee premiere quality, quantity and flavor of all food items for our customers.
We adhere to the highest level of quality standards
- Products transported in sealed containers with 24-hour security.
- Industry-standards lot coding system utilized on all products for traceability.
- Comprehensive recall/crisis management plan and communication system.
- Food track alert system in place.
- FDA and USDA alerts on recalls.
- USDA Inspector on site during production of “Ready-to-Eat” products.
- Managed HACCP System (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points)
- Successfully passed NSF International Food Safety, Quality and Food Defense Audit.
- 100% rating in the Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) inspection.
- Products undergo Organic Certification by WSDA.
Charlie’s Produce is recognized by retailers and foodservice providers around the world as the single most trusted source for global food safety and quality certification. We are proud to be SQF certified and align with their mission to deliver consistent, globally recognized food safety and quality certification programs based on sound scientific principles.Learn more
Our PRO*ACT membership carries a quality stamp. This organization is North America’s leading distributor of fresh produce. They source from top national, regional and local farmers, secure agreements with large, national brand chains and provide access to grower/ shipper purchasing. As members, we agree to operate by the same rules and adhere to the same safety programs.learn more
Greener Fields Together is a sustainability program for the entire produce value chain. It was created and is administered by PRO*ACT and will be run by PRO*ACT and its national network of independently-owned local purveyors. As a formalized, stand-alone program, Greener Fields Together engages and involves farmers, distributors, foodservice operators and retail locations in efforts to work toward safer produce from seed to fork.Learn More